Select an Area Rug
Selecting an area rug can be a bit overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be. Here are some tips on how to select an area rug:
1. Determine the size: Measure the area where you want to place the rug and choose a size that will fit the space well. It's important to make sure the rug is proportional to the room and the furniture in it. Either all the furniture should sit on the area rug, or at least the front legs of the furniture at a minimum.
2. Consider the style: Consider the style of your room and choose a rug that complements it. For example, if your room has a traditional style, consider using a rug with a traditional pattern. If your room has a modern style, consider using a rug with a geometric pattern.
3. Think about the material: Think about the material of the rug, wool, cotton, silk, or synthetic materials like polypropylene, nylon. Every material has different durability, maintenance and comfort levels.
4. Think about the colour: Think about the colour of the rug and choose one that will complement the colour scheme of the room. If you want the rug to be a focal point, choose one with a bold pattern or bright colour. If you want the rug to blend in, choose one with a neutral colour.
5. Consider the traffic: Consider the amount of traffic the rug will receive and choose one that is durable and easy to clean. If the area is high traffic, make sure the rug is made of durable materials like wool or synthetic fibres.
6. Think about the underlay: Make sure to use an underlay to make the rug more comfortable to walk on, and to prevent it from sliding around.
7. Consider the cost: Consider the cost of the rug and choose one that fits your budget.
By following these tips, you'll be able to select an area rug that fits your style, budget, and the space where you want to place it.